Location: Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire
Business Unit: Engineering
Reports to: Engineering Manager
To support the operations team by performing necessary repairs; undertaking preventative maintenance activities and facilitating the promotion of engineering solutions for process improvement to ensure process availability, quality and productivity are optimised. Providing specialist technical activities associated with the mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic equipment.
Summary of Principal Accountabilities and Authorities:
- Maintain and repair processing machinery and ancillary equipment in a safe and productive manner in order to maximise availability at optimum cost; to good standards of workmanship and in conformance with all Company standards and procedures
- Contribute to the determination and co-ordination of preventative maintenance programmes to ensure that unplanned downtime is avoided
- Assist in the management of resource to ensure prompt and cost effective recovery from breakdown
- Deliver training to operators / apprentices in order that they are able to understand and implement basic maintenance activities that facilitate optimum productivity
- Understand, deploy and seek to recommend improvements to production control procedures to support team performance objectives
- Ensure that team operations, including those undertaken on the Company’s behalf by third party service providers, are conducted in manner that fully complies with TAL health and safety, quality, environmental and corporate policies
- Handle engineering spares and inventory including checking stock records, labelling and storing according to commercial requirements and TAL policy
- Production of task specific risk assessments and safe working procedures (SWP)
- Be actively involved in own personal development plans to maximise performance in the role and the contribution to succession requirements of the business
- Where required, contribute to team level annual operational and financial budgets that secure the resources necessary to achieve agreed work programmes
- Where circumstances require, operate processing machinery and material handling equipment for maintenance purposes in a safe manner and to good standards of workmanship.
- Ensures delivered improvements align to the QMS
- Liaise with Department management to ensure compliance with appropriate business and external standards (ISO 9001, 14001, 45001)
- Ensures calibrated equipment is maintained in full compliance with defined systems and procedures
- Knowledgeable in equipment calibration and delivering compliance to the QMS
- Polices all facets of maintenance activity within their area and identifying, monitoring & reporting any non-compliance.
- Liaising with production team through work reporting system and verbal communication
- Communicates with other parts of the business to ensure efficient maintenance throughout.
- Undertaking Personal Development Reviews for site-based Apprentice Engineering Technicians.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications:
- GCSE in English, Maths and a Science
- H&S Rules.